Recon 2023 CFP
+ + + +
+ + +
+ _ - _+_ - ,__
_=. .:. /=\ _|===|_ ||::|
| | _|. | | | | | | __===_ -=- ||::|
|==| | | __ |.:.| /\| |:. | | | | .|| : |||::|
| |- |.:|_|. :__ |.: |--|==| | .| |_ | ' |. ||. |||:.|
__|. | |_|. | |.|...||---| |==| | | | |_--. || |||. |
| | | |. | | |::.||: .| |==| | . : |=|===| :|| . ||| .|
|:.| .| | | | |:.:|| . | |==| | |=|===| . |' | | |
| | | | |' : . | ; ; ' |
' : ` : ' . ' . . :
' . .
` . R E C O N 2 0 2 3 . '
. C F P ' .
. June 9 to 11, 2023 .
Montreal, Canada .
REcon is a computer security conference with a focus on reverse
engineering and advanced exploitation techniques. It is held annually
in Montreal, Canada.
The conference offers a single track of presentations over the span
of three days along with technical training sessions held before
the presentation dates. Technical training varies in length between
two and four days.
REcon 2023 is almost upon us. As with years past, it will offer a
great lineup of trainings, talks from some of the top reversers in the
world, and a lot of fun.
Attendees help define the event. They have always been, and will always
be, those looking to learn something new, share ideas, and unwind in a
welcoming environment. With the release of this CFP, we are happy to
announce registration is now open.
We are now inviting speakers to submit proposals for this year's talks.
Some guidelines for talks are:
- 30 or 60 minute presentations
- We are open to proposals for workshops that would occur alongside talks.
REcon have a dedicated area for workshop and
village, there will be a Software and a hardware village,
the Hardware village will have a electronic lab.
We are planning to bring soldering equipment, BGA Station,
microscope, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyser, Protocol Analyser,
Bench Power supply, reflow oven, 3D Printer, ... Note that the
talks will be broadcasted in the workshops area so you won't miss
- There will be time for five to ten minute informal lightning talks
during the REcon party
Registration for training is also now open. This year we have another
great set of trainings available:
- Automating Reverse Engineering with Machine Learning, Binary Analysis,
and Natural Language Processing by Malachi Jones (4 days: 5-8 June)
- Modern indows Malware OPSEC and Anti-Reverse Techniques Implementation and
REeversing by Silvio La Porta and Antonio Villani (4 days: 5-8 June)
- Practical Browser Fuzzing by Patrick Ventuzelo (4 days: June 5-8)
- Software Deobfuscation Techniques by Tim Blazytko (4 days: June 5-8)
- The ARM IoT Exploit Laboratory by Saumil Shah (4 days: June 5-8 )
- Reversing with Ghidra by Jeremy Blackthorne (4 days: June 5-8)
- Windows Internals for Reverse Engineers by Yarden Shafir (4 days: June 5-8)
- Automated Analysis with Ghidra by Kayla Afanador (4 days: June 5-8)
- IC Reverse Engineering and Data Extraction by Olivier Thomas (4 days: June 5-8)
- Advanced Malware Reverse Engineering by Nicolas Brulez(4 days: June 5-8)
- Program Analysis for Vulnerability Research by Sophia D'Antoine & Jordan Wiens(4 days)
- MacOS Ventura and iOS 16 Kernel Internals for Security Researchers by Stefan Esser(4 days)
- Practical Baseband Exploitation by Pedro Ribeiro(4 days)
- Ethereum Smart Comtract Security by Chris Masden(4 days: June 5-8)
- Risc-V Security training by Don A. Bailey(4 days: June 5-8)
The conference talks in the following fields are encouraged (but not
- Hardware reverse engineering
- Software reverse engineering
- Protocol reverse engineering
- Finding vulnerabilities and writing exploits
- Novel data visualization for hackers and reverse engineers
- Bypassing security and software protections
- Attacks on cryptography in hardware and software
- Techniques for any of the above on new or interesting architectures
- Wireless hacking (We aren't talking about wifi here)
- Invite to speaker dinner the night before the conference
- Invite to speaker after party
- Full access to the conference
- Unless your employer can cover your travel cost, We will Reimburse your travel for Economie
Class round trip and hotel for at least 1 speaker / talk ( for more then one speaker speaker
We will need to evaluate it)
- If it’s a new talk that has never been presented before you get 1000 USD
- 40% rebate for a Recon Training
- 10% rebate for up to 5 of your friends / coworkers
How to submit: https://cfp.recon.cx/2023/cfp
Get back to us soon! The first round of the CFP will end on March 27,
and the CFP closes on April 24.